With decreasing block sizes around Perth, building traditional single-storey homes is no longer the necessary norm. More people keen to build up choosing a two storey homes to get more home in a more convenient locations. Learn more.
Perth is embracing two storey homes more than ever before, with home builders opting to build a double storey home over a traditionally single storey home. The reason why is due to large single storey homes often require more space, and therefore, more expensive blocks (meaning the cost of your house and land package increases). In addition, choices of location are limited to build in with a single storey home, and likely you will have to build in developing estates on the outer-skirts of semi-rural Perth suburbs.
However, building a double storey home means you can likely get the more convenient suburb you desire, as smaller blocks are more available closer to the beach and buzzing areas. There are also other reasons why two storey is the new black. We give you 6 below:
Would you like to live a little closer to the beach then far out near the hills? Building a two storey home is the way to go to fit on those smaller blocks of land.
Here are 6 main reasons Why Two Storey really is the New Black:
- Location Convenience – Build in more desirable, convenient locations by getting a less expensive, smaller block.
- Space for a Backyard – The backyard is important, a game of cricket, pet comfortability, a hot spa – these are all the things we’d love in our dream home, the home we call our own. With a two storey home, you are guaranteed a backyard. See how The Ascari Display Home in Banjup is bringing back the backyard with it’s decent sized swimming pool and entertainer’s alfresco.
- Price – Double storey does not mean double the price. Although construction costs of building a double storey home can estimate to be higher, the fact it is built on a smaller sized block of land means overall cost is reduced.
- Environmentally friendly – Living in a double storey home is more environmentally friendly, as it’s lower maintenance and enhances energy efficiency. In addition, construction of a two storey reduces any excess material waste, meaning there is little rubbish onsite to get rid of.
- Better Zoning / Segregation – You can enjoy time together in central, entertaining areas like the swimming pool and alfresco; or you can reside back into peaceful zones – you can unwind upstairs in the ultra-private mastersuite, while the rest of the family relaxes downstairs.
- Faster Construction Turnaround – If you build with Express Living Homes Living, your double storey home will be built in a quicker timeframe than a traditional single storey home, due to their advanced framed wall construction for the top floor and double brick on the ground floor. Plus, it comes with a 25 year structural guarantee. You can read more about their sustainable technology and materials here.