Decisions, decisions – The old way or the new way, should you build a new home, or buy an established one?
The answer is totally dependent on who you are and what you need. To help guide you in the right directions, we’ve prepared a list of the benefits for both options to help make your decision a little easier for you.
To Build New:
- Tailor your home to your needs! This is your home, your style, your way – you have a say in every single selection for your new home, from appliances and fixtures, to colours and materials!
- New homes are usually more environmentally friendly and energy efficient, which not only means your home is better for the planet, but better for your wallet in the long-run!
- The First Home Owner’s Grant is payable only on construction of new homes
- You only have to pay stamp duty on your land! #winning.
- You don’t have to compromise – no settling on undersized robes or poorly designed kitchens
- Your fixtures and appliances will be modern, on trend, AND covered by warranty
- New homes need far less maintenance; you know you won’t have to replace that hot water unit anytime soon
- Resale can be easier; new homes with modern amenities are more attractive to potential buyers
To Buy Established:
- You don’t have to wait for it to be built, duh! Once you settle the financial side of things, you only one choice to make – to buy, or not to buy?
- What you see is what you get! – You don’t have to wait to see what the finished product will be, you see the real deal from the get go!
- Sometimes a lower deposit is needed for the purchase of an existing home
- Buying established can appear cheaper at the start, BUT depending on location and what you want, though the savings you make may disappear if you have to upgrade, renovate or otherwise amend things to really fit who you are and what you want your home to be!
- Generally existing properties are usually situated within neighbourhoods or communities that are already established which can lead to an increased level of security.
So now you’ve got your list of benefits, which way are you gonna go?
If you want to be in a home ASAP, or want most of the hard work done already, maybe choosing to buy established is for you?
If you need a boost from the First Home Owner’s Grant (and less stamp duty), want a home filled with modern, energy efficient fixtures, or just want to be able to express yourself in your style in every way possible in your brand new home, then building’s probably your jam! It’s ours too, so let us help!
The decision to buy or to build is not an easy one, each property comes with its own set of benefits, but we are here to help guide you through. Get in touch with us today, we’d love to help you on your new home building journey.